Monday, June 21, 2010

DADDY'S DAY [A day late]


I love my man. I love how he is able to make me laugh when it seems like there is nothing in the world to laugh about. I love how he knows just how to make me feel better when I am sad or hurting. I love how hard he works to make it possible for us to live in our house in our great neighborhood. I love that he makes it possible for me to stay at home with our babies so that I am able to raise them. I love how he sometimes comes home with a bouquet of my favorite wildflowers for me just because. I love the cards he gives me on special occasions, and the notes he leaves in my suitcase for me to find when I go on one of my rare, but much needed Mommy-needs-a-little-break get aways. I love how well he knows me, what can set me off without a moment's notice, what can make me cry without a moment's notice, what can make me smile at a moment's notice.

But most of all, I love that he chose me to spend the rest of his life with, to grow old with, to have babies with. I love that he loves me.

And I think it is safe to say that the kids love him just about as much as I do. He may not be around as much as other Dad's are, but when he is, he is pretty much the greatest Dad ever.


He takes the boys fishing down at the docks at the Marina, which they think is pretty much the best thing ever. A whole afternoon catching fish with Daddy? What could be better. He brings Ava out for special shopping day's with him which she just loves more than life itself. Why? Because Daddy, of course, buys her whatever her little heart desires. He simply spoils.her.rotten. And loves every minute of it. He spends hours in the playroom with Anthony trying to pass levels on whatever game he can't seem to stop playing on the Wii at the time. Sometimes it's Super Mario, sometimes Star Wars, but whatever it is he sits there patiently playing and listening to Anthony's instruction as to how to pass the level at hand. He snuggles up on the couch with his little Liv Grace and watches Dora with her over and over again if she wants. He lays with her and calms her down when she wakes up in the middle of the night crying and upset.

He loves our kids more than life itself; and this is another one of the many reasons I am so crazy in love with him.

Happy Daddy's Day honey! I love you....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm.. I left a comment before and I see it's not been posted...wanted you to know what a wonderful tribute this is to your man,... wonderful writing skills, and truly a gift to your children.