Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Do they really have to grow up??


I am not sure if it is because Olivia is our last baby or what, but I feel like I have to drink in every little moment of her "babyhood" (is that even a word??). Don't get me wrong, I loved all of my kids as little babies, when they just smiled, pooped, cried and slept - oh the joy. I much prefer this stage over the sassy, talk back, tantrum stage.

Anyway, I am sure that it is because I am not wanting her to grow up that she seems to be growing up way to fast! I just gave her a bath today and realized that she is getting too big for the baby bath. I had to put her in the bottom part of the bath, where she sat splashing and playing making a huge mess out of my kitchen counter and floors. But I did not care as this was probably the last time she would be using this bath. Who would have thought I would have found her last bath in this "hard to bathe a baby in tub" to be so sentimental? I guess it goes back to the whole last baby thing.



After her bath I put her on her changing table to get her dried off and dressed. It seems as if she is getting big for her changing table! She sat up on that and played around for a while as well. This is sort of (well very) off the point here, but I am noticing as I am looking at these pictures that my Olivia Grace may have big ears.... Hopefully she will grow into them, right?


There is certainly nothing I can do about this thing they do called growing up, so I guess I will have to admit defeat and spend my time savoring every moment of her "babyhood" since this is our last baby.... or is it?

No comments: