Thursday, December 4, 2008

You take the good, you take the bad...


.....You take them both and there you have the facts of life. For some very odd reason, this song popped into my head last night as I was making dinner - not sure why in God's name it did, as I have not seen the show The Facts of Life for years and years, but I thought these lyrics seemed to explain the day to day living here in the Shelton household. We have good moments, and we have bad moments (sometimes the bad unfortuntely outweigh the good), but this is just a fact of life. Here is how are day has been so far....

Bad: Anthony woke up at 5am, yes I did say 5am, and stood in his doorway screaming " I can't sweep (sleep) anymore, I want to watch a toony (cartoon)!!!" He proceeded to scream this until I finally gave in at 6am, brought him down, turned on his tooney's and went back to bed. All the while Brian snored away - not even a stir with all the commotion going on. I only wish I could sleep through things like that. (sigh) Since he decided to wake up at this ungodly time, his behavior has been rather horrible. See below.... So this is "the Bad."




Good: Olivia just started eating solid foods, peas of all things, and she just loves them. This is amazing to me as none of my other kids would even touch peas. I am pretty sure it is because I made the mistake of starting them on the good stuff - you know, bananas, peaches, pears, etc. So when it came time to introduce them to the green beans, peas and other veggies they would spit them out over and over again. Well "Duh"...why did I not start out with the yucky stuff first, then they would not any different?? I guess sometimes it takes a while to figure stuff like this out, 4 kids later, I have finally figured it out! "Good thing."

I guess I unexpectedly took something away from watching all of those episodes of The Fact's of life in the 80's - "you take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life."

No comments: