Friday, November 20, 2009

TELL ME HOW YOU REALLY FEEL

I love babies. I love the way they smell, the way they coo when they are happy, the way they kick their little legs and arms around when they are excited, they way the toot and manage to make it seem cute, the way the sleep, and look around at the world in sheer wonderment. It is safe to say that I love every darn little thing about them. I also love who these little babies morph into - infants, then toddlers then little kids, onto teenagers and finally adults.

Because of my undying love for babies, I frequently find my mind wandering to thoughts of adding another one to our brood. I wander to thoughts of how fun it would be to have an extra large family - 5 little crumb snatchers running around the house, playing, fighting, and reaking havoc on the house. 5 little crumb snatchers loving eachother, loving Brian and I. 5 little crumb snatchers eating us out of house and home, and putting us into the poor house. Actually, this is pretty much how it is now with 4 of 'em - Chaos in it's purest form. So why not add one more to the mix?

Well, I figure since I want another baby it is only wise to ask the kids what they think of all of this. To heck with what Mr. Shelton thinks, right?

I have actually asked them their thoughts on this subject many times. Just to see what they will say, and also because I think their responses are always so funny and sweet. Surprisingly, their answers are usually pretty consistent.

Ava's thoughts? She would love another baby to play Momma to. She is so very sweet with Olivia, helping to her dressed in the morning, feeding her, playing baby dolls with her, and even on occasion changing a diaper. She is quite the mother. But, she does have on stipulation to this whole one more baby thing - it needs to be a girl.

Lucas? Well, he seems quite alright with having another baby too. In fact, he says that he will take two. At the same time. And they must be boys. Oh, and he just wants to see what they will look like and then send them back.

And Anthony? Well, he usually just ignores the question but today was different. Today we had quite the discussion about babies.

"Anthony, should we have another baby?"

[With a very exasperated sigh] "No Momma. I don't want any more babies in this house."

"Why not?"

"Because. Then we will just have hundreds and hundreds of babies. And I don't want hundreds and hundreds of babies. They just cry too much."

"Oh, but Momma really wants another baby."

Apparently this sent him right off the deep end as he started sobbing out of control. [And me being the sympathetic Mom I am, took this opportunity to snap some pictures of the turmoil as it unfolded.]



I am going to say it would be wise for me to leave the whole baby thing alone for now. 'Cause really, no matter how much I want another little bundle o' joy, I just don't think it is in the cards for us. And seeing from Anthony's little production, I am thinking he will be quite happy with my decision.

1 comment:

Pajama Mama said...

He's so cute! Hundreds of babies!! I really want to have another one also, but at age 41 I'm not sure it's in the cards for us either. When I bring it up to the kids, Ben goes back and forth and Ali says she would like us to have another one - as long as it's a girl (at least she only has the one stipulation...)

It's all in God's hands though, right?

Have a great weekend!