Thursday, November 5, 2009

SOME MAD WRITING SKILLS

As I have mentioned in a previous post, Ava and Lucas have really been into practicing their writing skills lately. They have been even adding a bit of artwork into the mix as well, which is always nice.

They both decided to make a picture for Grandma the other day, and I think they both turned out quite nice.



Ava seems to be a bit more into practicing her writing and artwork, which makes sense as girls generally enjoy that kind of stuff more than boys do. Lately, she seems to enjoy writing down things that tickle her fancy, such as "I like reading books, or I like riding my bike, or I like playing with my baby sister. Below she mentions how she likes to play at the park with her friends, and draws a lovely picture illlustrating this.



In addition to enjoying writing down whatever seems to be tickling her fancy at a particular time, she also enjoys using her new found writing skills for a different kind of outlet.


Yesterday she came stomping out of the playroom, grabbed a piece of paper and her pencil, plopped her little butt on her chair, and started writing. When she finished, she gave quite the dramatic sigh, turned around and headed back into the playroom.


A few minutes later Lucas came out of the playroom crying. "Mom, Ava wrote me a mean note." And he handed me this.


Apparently she finds getting her agression out on paper quite cathartic. Just like her Mother.



1 comment:

Writing a Research Paper said...

Many institutions limit access to their online information. Making this information available will be an asset to all.