Friday, December 11, 2009

BREAKFAST WITH SANTA


2 Sundays ago (I know, I am a bit behind), we did our annual Breakfast with Santa. My Mom is ever so generous each year and takes my sister, myself, my aunt and all the grandkids to a really, really yummy brunch at the Pool and Yacht Club. After filling our belly's with all of that delicious food, we make our way downstairs to a room in which Santa and Mrs. Claus reside.

I was not sure what to expect this year. Ava and Lucas are old enough to be very fond of Santa, and have no problems whatsoever hopping on his lap and listing off the many, many things they want for Christmas. But Anthony can be unpredictable in this category. The year before last he would not even go near Santa. It did not matter what I used to coerce him into that Jolly Man's lap, he was not going to do it. Last year he was scared of Santa as well, but I did manage to get him to sit on his lap. All the while he stared at the ground, biting his nails out of nervousness and not saying a word. But it was progress.

This year presented us with a whole different Anthony. Yes, this year excitement overtook him when he walked into the room where Santa was. He was so excited that he could barely contain himself. Really. As he stood in line waiting he squealed in delight, jumping up and down with his hands over his mouth saying "It's Santa Mom, it's Santa!!" "When do I get to sit with Santa Mom?" More squeals and giggling. "Oh my gosh, it really is Santa!!" At one point I thought he was going to wet his pants as he was standing with his legs crossed, bouncing up and down. Turns out he did not need to use the bathroom, and that this was yet another way of him showing his excitement about being in the same room with Santa. It was really all too much for him to take in.

I think at this point Lucas was wondering what in the heck had gotten into Anthony.



Throughout his excitement, other Mom's and Dad's who were waiting in line smiled and giggled at his love for Santa. The people that worked there, taking pictures of each child on Santa's lap, and helping Santa give out little gift bags to the kids were so taken aback by how sweet and excited he was they snapped a few pictures of him as he stood in line. [Can't wait to see those.] The sheer delight that overtook that little boy in those ten minutes would have put a smile on anyone's face.





Can't wait to see what next year's meeting will bring. 'Cause how can you top that? I really don't think he could have been any happier or excited this time around.


2 comments:

KB said...

Oh my gosh, that is just the cutest! You can literally feel his excitement in those pictures!

Pajama Mama said...

Oh, what a little sweetheart! You can't help but smile at his excitement!!