Sunday, December 6, 2009

OUT OF THE LOOP... AGAIN

Here I am, busy as ever. Again. With what you ask?

Keeping the house clean, doing laundry, taking care of the kids, cooking, cleaning some more, helping with homework, baths, grocery shopping, you know, the daily grind. This is nothing new, but of course, it is the Holiday Season, so there are just a few extra things that are added to my list this month that really add to the stress level:

Sending out the Christmas cards, which entails addressing, stamping, licking, addressing stamping licking [75 times to be exact], holiday parties to be at, holiday parties to host [this weekend and we still don't have a menu or have done any sort of planning for it], Christmas shopping [driving all around town in pursuit of the ever popular Zhu Zhu pets], wrapping all the presents [enter me, the worst Christmas-gift-wrapper ever], putting together furniture and decorating the new study room that is a Christmas gift to the kids, make 10 dozen cookies for our annual cookie exchange which will be very interesting [on top of being a horrible gift wrapper, I am also blessed with the inability to bake as well.]

And this is just a taste of what goes on during this lovely Holiday season.

I am not sure why I cannot prepare myself every November for the whirlwind of a month that December brings, as it is like this every year. Maybe I need to start practicing Yoga at this time of year to calm myself, or maybe I should join some sort of support group for crazed Mom's during the Holiday season. I am sure there is no such thing out there, but I just may start a support group of my own next year, as I am certain there are other Mom's out there who could use it at this time of year too. Then maybe the world would be a happier place during this joyous season. At least for this Momma.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I think your Christmas season is the reason bears hybernate in the winter--it gets 'em out of the stressful holiday rigmarole.

Good luck!