Monday, December 14, 2009

YOU TURN YOUR BACK FOR A MINUTE...

Miss Olivia is at the wonderful age where she finds it quite fun to get into everything and anything. She pushes chairs up to countertops, climbs on the chair, onto the counter and gets into cabinets. She opens up the one unlocked cabinet (unlocked because it is broken), pulls out all of the games and puzzles, dumps them all over the floor and proceeds to walk away. She manages to get on her tippiest of tippy toes and reaches up into the pantry to pull down snacks when she is feeling hungry. When one of the kids leaves out the case with the Wii games in it, she quickly grabs it up, spilling its contents all over the floor and getting her little fingerprints on each and every disc. When the bathroom door is left open she does not miss the opportunity to run on in there, unroll the whole roll of toilet paper and splash around in the toilet for good measure. On some occasions she happens upon my box of tampons and unwraps them one by one, leaving a trail of them around the house. She sometimes finds it fun to get into the garbage and dump it all over the kitchen floor, dragging some things into the family room as well.

You get the idea, the girl is unstoppable. She gets into everything.

So this morning I put on Max and Ruby in the hopes that this would keep her attention long enough for me to get a few emails sent without her getting into any of the things mentioned above. And for the first few minutes it was working perfectly.

Then I heard something, the crinkly sound of a bag of sorts. I stopped my typing and turned around in my chair to find this.

She managed to get her hands on my box of granola cereal and dumped it out all over the kitchen floor. A mere 3 feet away from me. She is certainly quick on her feet, isn't she?

The mess was already made, so I just let her be with her granola. She sat there happily eating for about 10 minutes before she decided she had enough and walked away.


I can't turn my back on this little girl for a minute, can I?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! They instictively know what will make the biggest mess, don't they? Mine's only 9 months, and I fear for my house (and sanity) when she starts walking.

Pajama Mama said...

She's just so cute, even when she's getting into something she shouldn't!