Wednesday, December 23, 2009

FIZZLED OUT

Someone in this house has been waiting and waiting and waiting for the arrival of Santa Claus. I quit trying to keep count of how many times I have heard "when is Santa coming?" from his little mouth, but if I had to guess, I would say it has been asked about 1000 times over the past few weeks. Don't get me wrong, the other kids are excited as well, but Anthony has really showed much more enthusiasm about his arrival than the others. Much more.

In the midst of all of this waiting, he has not been getting much sleep. He tends to go to bed a bit after 8pm and rises in the morning way before the sun is up at 5:15am. Apparently the stress of waiting for Santa's arrival has proved to be too much for this little one of mine as this is how I have been finding him the past few afternoons.


Yes, fast asleep on the couch. My Anthony Thomas quit napping at the ripe old age of two so this is a very rare find. Very rare. Actually I would go as far as to say it is nothing short of a Christmas Miracle.



No comments: