Tuesday, December 1, 2009

BRINGING SEXY BACK

The Mr. has never been big into the whole lingerie thing. His mentality has always been, why spend a ton of money on something that is just going to come off within minutes of me seeing it? And I have always agreed. But lately he has hinted around the fact that I could spice things up a bit in the going-to-bed attire. If I felt so inclined.

Apparently he is sick of my cotton hanes underwear and cozy warm flannel pajamas I don every evening at bedtime. And I guess I don't really blame him.

Today I was doing my weekly shopping at Target when I happened upon the women's intimates department. I usually wiz right on by this department, but today I thought I would stop to peruse the racks. Maybe, just maybe even purchase something for the Mr. - something for me to wear for his viewing pleasure.

[I should clarify that I do know all about Victoria's Secret, and I do know that this would more than likely be the better place to look for such items, but I am cheap in this department and not willing to pay $50 some dollars for such things. Just not going to do it. Nope.]
On with the story....

I did my perusing, and was not really coming up with anything. Some skimpy little pajama shorts and cute little T's, some grandm-aish nightgowns, and my standard warm fuzzy fleece pajamas were all I could find. But nothing I could see myself putting on and having the Mr. go Ga-Ga over. Not a single thing. As I was getting ready to leave the intimates department, I spotted something out of the corner of my eye. Nah, it couldn't be, could it? I looked again, and found it was what I had thought.

Here, take a look for yourself.



My question is, what self-respecting grown woman would wear these? Or Man for that matter, as I saw they come in Men's sizes/colors as well. Obviously there are people out there, or else they would not be producing them. Call me crazy, but my thought is that there should be some law against making footed pajamas in adult sizes so as to make it impossible for these yahoo's to purchase them.

Anyway, I left the store, still in disbelief at what I had just witnessed, and without anything for the Mr. to feast his eyes upon. I guess I was just a little bit too disturbed to look around any longer.

I think this one will baffle me for some time. I will forever wish to get inside the head of any being that would purchase such pajamas, and find out why they would do such a thing. 'Cause I am all about comfort, and love feeling warm and fuzzy in my flannel PJ's.

But footed pajamas? with animal feet to boot? C'mon. Really?



No comments: