Wednesday, February 24, 2010

MY READING WHIZ

Lucas just came running in the house quite excited after getting off of the bus from school. He was clutching a notebook of some sort exclaiming "I won Mom, I won!"

Wondering what he had won, I decided to ask the ever obvious question: " Well, what did you win?"

"I was the best reader in our class, so I won a notebook and two coupons. One for a free ice cream cone at DQ and one for a free kids meal at Leo's!"

"Wow, that is just gr-"

" I want to go to Dairy Queen right now Mom!"

"Well, hold on, tell me more about how you won. I am so proud of you for doing such a great job reading at school, I am sure your tea-"

"I just read a lot and won, that's all. Now can we go to Dairy Queen?"

Turns out he really does not much care about how proud he should be for being the only one in his class to win this prize because of his reading skills. The only things that seems to matter is that coupon for a free ice cream cone [worth $1.25]. And I am thinking that this coupon will consume his thoughts until I get around to being able to take him there - actually, I am certain of it. Maybe we can hold off on that chat about being proud of himself and all that jazz until he has his ice cream cone in hand.


No comments: