Thursday, February 4, 2010

LOAFING AROUND

Let's just say I have been nothing short of lazy as of late. I like to blame it on this pregnancy as it makes me feel a little less lazy. Really, things have been getting a bit out of control around here. Some examples of my pregnancy induced laziness? Getting the kids on the bus and planting my butt on the couch (remote in hand) and proceeding to watch Tivo'ed shows all day long. Being tired all the time and lacking any sort of ambition to get anything productive done around here. Not wanting to cook a decent meal and resorting to chicken tenders, frozen pizza, PB&J's and grilled cheese every night of the week. Yes, it has been that bad - and this is just a sampling of examples - sadly, there are many, many more.

But for some reason this morning I got a bug up my butt to get some cleaning done. I vacuumed, emptied the dishwasher, did a few loads of laundry, and even cleaned the toilet. Now I realize this is nothing over the top, or anything that would really get my house truly clean. But it appears to be clean, and for me, at this point in my life, that is good enough.

As I was finishing up my vacuuming, cleaning and feeling good about having my butt unglued from the couch (at least for the time being), I found this:

Yes, that is Olivia, my 20 month old, laying on the couch, remote in hand....

Channel surfing in an attempt to find Dora.

Like Mother like Daughter I guess - and in this instance, I can say I am not very proud. No, not proud at all. I am thinking I may have to give up this lazy life I have been leading lately and get back to the daily grind.


No comments: