Monday, May 17, 2010

SHADES OF SHERWOOD


We went on our very first camping trip of the season this past weekend. And it just so happened to fall on a weekend that I was sick. Not just a little head cold kind of sick, but a knock-you-right-out-and-make-it-nearly-impossible-for-you-to-drag-your-poor-aching-body-out-of-bed-much-less-go-camping-kind of sick.

Seriously. I had the stuffy head, the kind that feels as if your head is going to literally explode at any moment. I had the whole if I move my eyes even a little bit to the left or right it ached like all heck thing. I had the my noise is running so much I may as well just stick this kleenex up each side of my nostrils and leave it there to save me some work. I had the sore throat and the no voice thing going on too. Not fun.

But I could not bring myself to cancel, as I knew the kids and the Mr. would be devastated as they had all been looking forward to this weekend for quite some time. So I tried to ignore my state of illness, and spent Friday morning packing, grocery shopping and organizing the camper. After that was accomplished, it was time to pick up the kids from school and get everyone ready to go.

At 7pm that evening we finally arrived at our campsite, and began our fun weekend of camping.

We started off by playing on the swingset just a little ways down the road from our site.


Bed time came all too soon being that we got up there so late Friday night. As you can see, the girls were not ready for sleep.


Saturday was spent playing in the sand,


Doing some more swinging at the playground,

and spending some quality time with our good, VERY big friend, Butterball.

Miss Liv Grave just loves Butterball so much. She spent much of the weekend happily following him around our campsite, petting and hugging him to death. Thankfully, he did not mind.

We played in the woods and took some time out for Mom to get some pictures.


We rode bikes around in circles on the dirt road,

and those of us who have yet to learn how to ride a bike found joy in pushing toys around on the dirt path instead.
We made silly faces and had fun running around the campsite with friends,
stopping on occasion to show us their water guns, along with those silly faces.
The weekend ended up being so much fun, it almost made me even forget I was sick. O.K. maybe not. But it did not stop us from having a great time.
Beautiful weather, in the company of some of our best friends, camping at our favorite campground, Shades of Sherwood - what more could you ask for?

No comments: