Wednesday, August 25, 2010

CLOTHING OPTIONAL

My girl Liv Grace does not like to wear clothes lately. Or diapers for that matter.

This all started about a month or so ago, though it feels like a year. One day out of the blue she decided to take off her shorts and t-shirt and meander around outside in the cul-de-sac in only her diaper and sandals. I laughed a bit thinking how cute it was, carried her little butt back into the house and got her dressed again.

Over the past month her behavior has escalated to not only taking off her clothing, but her diaper as well. And this is not just happening once a day. Oh no. Each time I find her undressed, I go in search of her clothing and get her back into it. I do this time and time again throughout the day, and let me tell you, it is no easy feat as her clothes are usually strewn all over the house. Sometimes the diaper is on the stairs, her pants are on the kitchen floor, and her shirt is on the carpet in the playroom. Sometimes she finds more interesting places to drop her drawers, such my closet floor, the mud room, or on the ground in the garage. I have even found her clothes on the deck in the back yard before.

The girl does not seem to care where she is, when the mood strikes her, she simply strips down to nothing but her bare butt and goes about her business.

I find her laying on my bed watching Dora naked, sitting at the kitchen table eating her snack naked, running around outside with the neighbor kids naked, playing on the swing set - even attempting to go down the slide naked [which she quickly realized was not possible]. She even has been found jumping on the trampoline in the nude.

You get the idea, the girl prefers to be in the buff.

On a positive note, I have recently been able to convince her to at least keep her diaper on, and she seems to be as happy as when she was roaming the house and its surrounding area without one.

I have to say, I am comforted by the fact that this is just a stage she is going through, and that at some point she will show a bit of modesty and actually want to wear clothing.

She is only 2, so I figure she has some time to change her ways before her behavior is considered inappropriate; no?

No comments: