Wednesday, August 11, 2010

OUT OF MY MIND IN LOVE

I have taken a bit of an unexpected hiatus from posting this week as I have been busy loving this little man to pieces.

My Nathan's first week of life has been quite a busy one. With me taking pictures of him as if I were a member of the paparazzi, and lots of people wanting to hold him, love him and squeeze him every minute of the day, he must be thinking enough already!

Of course I had the pleasure of loving him to pieces for the first few hours of his life....

Then I thought it only fair to let Daddy have some time to get to know his son as well.

After having a whole day just Daddy, Nathan and I, it was time for his brothers and sisters to come to the hospital to meet out new little bundle.

And boy, was it ever love at first sight.

I managed to get some more snuggling in with my sweet baby boy [is there anything better?]

Before Grandma and Papa were able to make it to the hospital to meet their 7th grandbaby. I think it is safe to say that they were not disappointed. They seemed to dive right in, drinking in all of his sweet baby boy goodness.

I have to admit it is not always sunshine and roses. When he gets hungry or wants Mama to hold him, he can tend to get a bit angry. Going from completely calm and peaceful, to an all out screaming fit within seconds.

But no worries, I still love him to bits even in his little fits of rage; as after getting his belly filled, or getting snuggled up next to his Mama's chest, all is fine in the world.

Oh, and did I mention my little man's hands? How big they are? So big that after he came out of my belly and was placed on my chest it was the first thing Daddy and the nurses and I noticed. We laughed as I held out my finger and you were able to wrap your hand all the way around it. So big, yet so very delicate in all their amazing baby boy sweetness.

Bold

Is he not the sweetest? I know I am his Momma, but I have to say, yes, he is. Hands down.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Awwww....what a sweetie pie!! Huge congrats again, Maria. So glad you're all enjoying him so much. Love the pics of the kids with him. Enjoy!!
Kari

Dominique said...

Oh Maria I love the pic's. He's so cute! You all look like such a loving and happy family!