Wednesday, November 24, 2010

MAKIN' OUR LISTS, CHECKIN' THEM TWICE

Ava decided to be ahead of the game and get her letter to Santa done a little bit early this year. She figures that if her letter is one of the first to get there, that maybe, just maybe she will get every last thing on that list.

My girl has set her sights high with this letter - and to think it only took her all of 5 minutes to write it. No stopping in the middle of writing to think of that one toy she had seen on T.V. that she could not think of, no "hey Mom, what else did I want?" Nothing. Just a whole lot of pencil to paper action.

I have not sat down and really calculated what all of this would cost, but I am pretty confident that it would tally up to somewhere right around $500. Though I should not judge, as my list certainly is no better. Actually, to tell you the truth, I am a bit embarrassed of it.

Dear Santa,

I really, really want a new stainless steel gas stove. With a matching microwave to go above it. I would also love some new counter tops, and heck, why not put up a back splash while you are at it. Oh, and I would really love our basement to be finished too. And I would like a couch, a few T.V's some decor for the walls, and a stocked bar down there as well. And while you are installing carpet down there why don't you go ahead and tear out all the nasty-beyond- disgusting stuff on my main floor and upstairs and replace that too. I would also love some new dishes as my kids [lord knows I love them] have managed to break parts of my set throughout the years, leaving me with a bunch of mismatched crap. I would also really love a new wardrobe. After being pregnant for pretty much the last 7 years, the contents of my closet need to be updated in a bad sort of way. And lastly, if it's not asking too much, I would love for you to tackle that "honey do" list that the Mr. has not gotten to for the past 2 years.

I think that's all, but if I come up with anything else I will be sure to send you another letter.

Much love,

Maria [The one who has 5 kids under the age of 8, and a husband who is never home.]

The boys have yet to finish their lists. Hopefully theirs will be a little more down to earth in order to make up for us girls and our over indulgent ones.

No comments: