Monday, January 4, 2010

GETTING BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS

I am hoping to get back into this whole blogging on a regular basis thing soon. I think having the kids and the Mr. home for over a week sort of threw me off a bit. In the sense that I had tons more stuff to do than usual - the same sort of stuff, just more of it. You know, the cooking, cleaning, laundry, breaking up of fights, entertaining 4 bored children, etc, etc.

Now that the kids are back to school (thank the Lord), I can start to get back to business as usual.

I will start by saying that we had a wonderful Christmas, and that Santa was especially good to everyone, even in the midst of this recession.

The kids got everything their little hearts desired. Ava received the ever coveted Ivy (Julie's best friend), Miss Liv got her rocking horse she was pining after,

Anthony was beside himself when he opened the Indiana Jones 2 Wii game, so much so that he was found kissing it.

Lucas received his snow board that he has been keeping very busy with outside attempting to master making it down the hill without falling down.

They all also received the much sought after pillow pets from Santa which really topped of Christmas for them.

As for Me, I received a very sweet card from the Mr. that brought a tear or two on,

a Keurig coffee maker that I love, love, love,

and some gardening tools for my vegetable garden I am going to attempt to plant this spring. The Mr. received some much needed new clothes (my attempt at getting him to stop wearing those Godforsaken Rivermarinas sweatshirts everywhere we go.) Some nice lowball glasses, and a nose hair trimmer (his request.)

Needless to say, everyones wishes were fulfilled, and everyone was happy. Very, very happy.

The Mr. and I brought in the new year by dropping the kids off at Grandma and Papa's for the evening, having a very nice dinner at Domacin Wine Bar, stopping in at WalMart to do some grocery shopping for our trip to the cabin the next day, and rounding out the night by snuggling up in bed and watching a movie. We laughed at how we spent our New Years evening, remembering New Year's past where we stayed up partying until all hours which resulted in battling horrible hangovers the next day. Hah! Funny how things change over the years, right?

So that was our Christmas and New Year celebration in a nut shell. 2009 was a very good year, and I know that 2010 has many more good things in store for this family of ours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful summary of the holidays.enjoyed it very much.