Thursday, January 28, 2010

BABY TALK

Anthony and I had some down time today in the car on the way to preschool, so I thought it was a perfect time to talk to him about the new baby. You know, try and convince him that this baby will be a good thing, and that he will love being a big brother again. Maybe you recall his total lack of interest in adding another baby to our family from this post I wrote not too long ago. He was pretty clear that he wanted nothing of the sort, and I was hoping to change that.

"What do you think of us having this baby Anthony, are you excited?"

"What is it going to be?"

"We don't know for sure yet."

"I want to know what it is going to be Mom!"

I know from past experience that Anthony will not give up on a question until he has an answer, so I gave him one. I figure it was a pretty good answer being that this is what the Sonographer thought.

"They think that it is going to be a boy, but we don't know for sure."

"Oh good, I want it to be a boy."

"You, do? You don't want a baby sister?"

"No Mom, I want a brother."

There was a moment of silence before he added:

"One that has a penis."

Looks like he doesn't need any convincing in the whole having another baby category, just as long as it is a boy; with a penis. Apparently he still does not understand that all boys have those - guess this is something I will have to work on with him.

1 comment:

KB said...

That is classic! Haha! Thanks for the laugh!