Friday, September 10, 2010

ART WORK

I will never, ever tire of the art work that my monkeys bring home from school each day. It is something I look forward to each time they come running off of the bus and hand me their backpacks for me to go through.

The past two days Lucas has come home with some really great stuff.

The front: My favorite part of this summer was... Tubing. Not so great on the spelling, but the picture gave away what he was attempting to write. Him in the tube, with Dad in the boat pulling him along. How wonderful is that picture?

the back: I went to the movie theatre. I think half way through attempting to write "theatre" he gave up - hence the "Dr". I love, love, love the photo that goes along with this one. People sitting in their theater seats eating popcorn - notice the kid in the last row was ever so gracious as to share his popcorn with the kid in the middle row.

Day 2 he came home with this little gem.

In first grade this year, I would really like to... Play outside whenever I want. Accompanied by a picture of what I assume to be a playground.

When he arrived home with this second piece of artwork I mentioned to him how much I enjoyed it all. I also ever so casually asked if his teacher was letting everyone complete these little assignments all on their own. Meaning without any help when it came to spelling, punctuation, etc. I am certain you can guess what the answer to that question was.

No comments: