Thursday, September 9, 2010

BACK TO DANCE!

My goodness has this family had a lot of "back to" days as of late. Last night was Ava's first night of dance for the year.

Last week she and I made a night of it and went to the Open House where we bought new tap and ballet shoes, and also splurged for a new leotard, two pair of tights, and some "booty shorts."

Let me take a moment to talk about these little gems that we call "booty shorts." If you are not sure what they are, and you are a mother who has been blessed with a daughter who loves to dance, then you should be happy to know nothing about them. What are they? They are skin tight super short shorts that the older girls around Larkin dance studio like to wear along with a sports bra to dance. Notice I said older girls. But of course they sell them in little girls sizes as well, and we have seen many a little girl prancing around the studio in them, so of course, Ava along with her little friend Lauren just had to have them. With much hesitation, I decided to make the purchase and let her have her coveted booty shorts. But I made it very clear that she would be wearing a leotard underneath them, and that the sports bra would have to wait a few years.

So now that we have the "booty shorts" thing cleared up, on with the story....

Last night she got herself ready for dance class. As she was up in her room I was secretly hoping she would come downstairs in her leotard along with her sweet little skirt that still fit her from last year. No such luck. She came bounding down the stairs in the good ol' booty shorts, excited as ever to get to dance class. I have to say, I bought them for her, so I could not complain - and on top of that, they really did not look all that bad when worn with a leotard.

So off to dance we went, equipped with my camera ready to take a bunch of pictures before class started. Of course, we ended up being late which made picture taking a bit difficult, but I still managed to get a few shots.




So there you have it, Miss Ava's first night of dance class - booty shorts and all.

No comments: