Monday, September 27, 2010

BIG SISTER

My Liv Grace is so very proud to be a big sister. She is constantly taking care of Nathan - or at least that is what she likes to call it. When he cries she enjoys resting her head on his stomach in a rather rough fashion and saying "it's o.k. baby, it's o.k." When he is in his car seat, crying as I am trying to get all the other monkeys ready and out the door, she crawls up on the table and rocks him ever so not gently in order to calm him down. When she hears him crying in his crib after waking up from a nap she stops in her tracks and shouts "Oh, baby awake!!" and races to his aid by running into his room turning on his light and yelling "it's o.k baby, it's o.k." This usually results in him crying louder from the shock of the lights in his eyes and his sisters loud yelling. And on the rare occasions he is sitting nicely in his bouncy chair not crying out to be held, she feels the need to attempt to grab him around the waist, pick him him up and hug him. As you can imagine, this does not go over very well.

So you get the idea, she loves her brother, but the way in which she shows it is a bit on the rough side.

Today when I was attempting to get a nice picture of my Nathan for his Baptism invitation I was making, I was surprised to see her being so gentle. As I was snapping away, she was ever so softly saying "hi baby, hi..." and stroking his head very softly.

Maybe hearing me say "Gentle Liv, not so rough Liv, settle down a bit you are freaking him out Liv..." are starting to sink in. Just maybe....

No comments: