Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BACK TO PRESCHOOL!

My Anthony Thomas started his second year of Preschool today. I was hoping being that he was a year older he would not be so sad having to be away from me. Last year every single Monday, Wednesday and Thursday morning at about 8:45 am he would be found standing at the back door crying and begging to stay at home with me. Every single time - no jokes. At the end of every week I would say to myself, "Maybe this week will be better, maybe he will go off happily waving to me as Daddy drove away to take him to preschool." Unfortunately, that week never came.

Now I know I am a pretty cool Mom, but for the love of God, does he not get sick of hanging out with me all day every day?

Apparently not as just like every day last year, he stood by the back door crying and begging me to let him stay home with me for just one more day. Unfortunately he was in such a state of panic and sadness I was unable to get pictures of him on his first day back to preschool. I decided that it was too important of a day to let it go without snapping any photos, so I took them when he arrived home from school.

Smart one, right? He was excited and oh so happy to be home with me, so there was no better time to get some good pictures. Oh, and ask all about his first day. All he had to say was "my teachers are Miss Vicky and Janna Banana again!!" So onto picture taking I went....

He insisted on celebrating his very first day back to school with his buddy "Chicky" by letting him in on the photo shoot.

And we just had to get one of "Chicky" all by himself.

And one last shot to show off his brand new Batman shirt [that did not come in his size and is way too big for him but he just could not live without getting.]

I have to say I am confident that at some point during this year, he will leave for school as happy as he comes home. One can hope, right?

1 comment:

KB said...

At least he comes home happy! I hope it gets easier!