Thursday, July 22, 2010

14 DAYS AND COUNTING...

To my little boy presently cooking away in my belly,

I am pretty confident in the fact that you are more than ready to come on out of your comfy little home you have been occupying over the past 9 months and see your Momma, Daddy and siblings.

How do I know this you say?

Well, beyond the fact that I just want to see your sweet little baby face, there is simply no more room in your Momma's belly for you to grow!

Don't get me wrong little man, I have loved every minute of you occupying the good majority of my belly space. Well, most of it. I can admit, I have not much enjoyed the nausea that plagued me in the beginning months, the heartburn, or the needing to go to the bathroom 3-4 times a night. [Momma's just keeping it real here.] But that stuff melts away when I think of all the spectacular things that go along with having been your home, your safe haven for the past 9 months. Watching my belly slowly expand as you have grown is as always, nothing short of amazing. All the little kicks and jabs you have given me - from the ever so soft ones, to the stronger ones as you have grown are as sweet as ever. I like to think of these as your way of communicating with me, your way of saying, "hey Mom, I'm in here!" And your hiccups - those nightly hiccups that seem to come on right as Mama lays in bed to relax, boy how I love those. They have become a sense of comfort for me. A way for me to know you are doing just fine in there, growing and getting ready to make your grand entrance.

So as you know, I have loved every minute of being pregnant with you. But alas, it is time for you to come on out of my belly, the place you have called home for the past 9 months, and show your little face.

I promise, you won't be disappointed.

There are way too many people that are so very anxious to meet you, give you kisses, hugs and love you up in to a million little pieces. Especially your big sister, Miss Liv Grace.


See you soon my sweet little boy....

♥, Momma

No comments: