Wednesday, July 7, 2010

ONE GIANT MESS

While I was in the shower this morning, Olivia decided to get in to the first aid kit where she found a tube of Bacitracin. What did she do with this bottle of Bacitracin? Well she lathered it all over her clothing, arms, legs and head of course.

The clothes, legs, and arms were easy to deal with and clean up; the hair on the other hand, was not. For those of you who don't know, Bacitracin is an ointment that is very similar to vaseline in its consistency. So you can imagine how difficult a product such as this would be to get out of hair.

I decided not to panic right away, took her up to the bath and started washing her hair. Half way through drying it I realized the shampoo had done nothing to get it out. I washed again, and yet again, it did nothing.

Of to the internet I went and typed in "how to get vasaline out of hair." Everyone seemed to say the same thing - use cornstarch: Lather it all up in her dry hair, let it sit for a bit, wash with shampoo, rinse, and Voila, the greasy disgusting looking substance would be gone.

Tonight I gave her a second bath where we applied the cornstarch. As we were waiting for it to do its job, we had a little chat. I told her that we never, ever put stuff like that in our hair. She laughed.

I told her that was a naughty thing to do and that Mommy was having a hard time getting it out. She laughed at that too.

I told her that she better hope Mommy could get it out as she could be stuck with greasy yucky hair for a long time. I am certain you won't be surprised to hear she found that pretty funny as well.

So much for trying to teach a 2 year old a lesson.


No comments: