Thursday, July 29, 2010

ICE CREAM MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER



Today was Anthony's very last day at his summer fun program at Sunny Hill. For some reason every Thursday that I drop him off he crys and goes on and on about how he wants to stay home. 'Cause you know, who wants to play with your friends all day, creating fun art projects, playing at the playground, watching fun movies, and all that sort of stuff? Apparently not my Anthony.

I was told by a few people that his lack of enthusiasm has most likely been that his older brother and sister and baby sister get to stay at home with me while he is gone for the day. This makes him feel left out; as if he is missing out on something big at home. I have tried to convince him that on the days he goes to school there is nothing exciting going on at home; but he just does not believe me.

So every Thursday for the past 8 weeks I have left him at school, crying big old crocidile tears, pleading with me "I don't want to go to kool Mama, I don't want toooooo!!!"

And it breaks my heart every.single.time.

With today being his very last day at school, I thought a celebration was in order. So I took all the kids to Nelson's for ice cream at the end of the day. If you don't know, Nelson's is pretty much the best ice cream place ever known to man. Why? For $3, they pile the ice cream so darn high in your cup or on your cone that you can't imagine being able to eat every last drop of it. And somehow you are able to ingest all of that ice cream because it is just that good. Seriously.

So we picked up our ice cream and managed to enjoy every last drop of the sweet ice cream goodness at home in the front yard.

Little baby boy and I even enjoyed a giant waffle cone stacked full of Peppermint Bon Bon. Can we say Yum - O?

After hogging our own ice cream for a while, we all decided it would be nice to share.


I should say we all decided to share with Miss Liv as she was walking from one person to the next gazing at each persons ice cream with those big blue eyes as if to say, "Oh, if I only had a taste of that...." This tactic seemed to work for her as she got plenty of licks from everyone's ice cream. The girl knows how to work the crowd.....

And apparently she is very happy about that, but who wouldn't be?

I think it is safe to say Anthony's last day of school turned out to be a good one.

No comments: