Friday, October 8, 2010

FAMILY FUN DAY

Last weekend we surprisingly had an entire day to spend as a family. All 7 of us - which is a rare occurrence in this household. An entire day as a family was amazing enough, but on top of that we had amazing weather as well.

What to do, what to do....

The Mr. decided that we would just drive around and try to find something fun and new to do. Drive around with 5 kids who enjoy poking and prodding each other, yelling and fighting with each other and generally making every one [meaning the Mr. and I] miserable until we find something to do? You can imagine why I was not too thrilled with this idea.

After an hour or so of driving aimlessly around with the kids driving me toward pulling out chunks of hair out of pure frustration; we found something. By golly we, actually I should say the Mr., found something. Something quite fantastic I must admit. It was a farm way out in the middle of nowhere. One that had a pumpkin patch, hay rides, a playground, a cute little general store, animals to pet, go carts to ride, and all kinds of other fun things to do. And better yet, there was not a single other family there. We had the whole place to ourselves....










































Like I said, I was not too thrilled with the Mr's plan, but I have to admit, it turned out to be a great day. Actually, it was better than great. It was amazing - thanks to Daddy.

No comments: