Monday, October 18, 2010

ONE BIG MESS

Staying true to her personality, Miss Liv managed to get into everything today. And I mean everything. Boy do I ever love that girl, but she is going most definitely going to be the death of me if she keeps this up.

I was on the phone with my Mom, attempting to have an in depth conversation when she started in. "Mama! Mama! Hold me!" "Mama, thirsty!" "Mama, me talk, me talk!" And so on and so on. As you can imagine, her jabbering was making it next to impossible for me to chat with my Mom, so I resorted to sitting her at the kitchen table and handing her an ice cream sandwich. Treats always work.

I left her to enjoy her ice cream while I made my way to the other room and carried on my conversation with my Mom. Time must have really gotten away from me, as when I got off of the phone, I found mess, after mess, after mess.

Turns out she was done with her ice cream sandwich and decided the edge of the desk where the computer sits was a perfect place to leave it. You know, so that it slowly melted and dripped all over the carpet below.

Nice, right?

I cleaned up that mess and then picked up the chairs she decided to tip over only to find she had smeared her sticky, ice cream filled hands all over the backs of them. So I went to work cleaning the chairs.

After that mess was cleaned up, I made my way into the kitchen only to find this

Apparently she felt like coloring and went to get the color crayons by herself only to have them spill all over the kitchen floor. She must have decided to ditch the coloring idea so as not to have to clean up her mess, and moved on to something else.

As I ranted under my breath as to how it was possible for one little 2 year old to create so much damage in a matter of 20 minutes, I realized I had no idea where the little stinker was who had done all this was. As I finished cleaning up, I yelled out "Liv, where are you?" more than a few times and received no response.

From past experience, I knew this was not good.

So I made my way around the house looking for her. It was not long before I found her in the study room. The reason she was so very quiet? Take a look at the legs. Apparently back when she decided to ditch the whole coloring with the crayons in her coloring book idea, she had grabbed a pen, found a nice quiet place to hide, and colored on her legs instead.

Nice work, no? I just love the swirly patterns and circles she created.

And it was not just the legs she adorned with these designs, she managed to color her hands as well. Lovely.

At this point I said to hell with it, and let her spend the rest of the day wearing her art work. I was tired, and in no mood to scrub her legs 100 times to get the pen off. Ever tried to get pen off of skin? I have. Lots and lots of times, and it is not easy.

And I wonder why I am so darn tired by the end of the day. Sheesh.

No comments: