Sunday, October 10, 2010

ON RUNNING ERRANDS, CHOCOLATE BARS AND SLEEPING

We decided to run a few errands this morning with all the kids in tow. This is never, ever a very fun task as you can probably imagine. Who would enjoy making a trip to Costco and Wal Mart with 5 kids in tow? Not I.

But as I have said many times before, the Mr. works a ton, so when we have time to spend as a family I take it, no matter how that time is spent. So we made our way to Costco, shopped around for the stuff we needed, and managed to get out of there unscathed. Imagine that.

Unfortunately as we were en route to Wal Mart, the kids started melting down: "Mom, he won't stop bugging me!" "Mom, Lucas is poking me and won't stop!" "Mom, Ava is bossing me around!" etc, etc. And when we drove up to the front doors of Wal Mart so that I could hop out [alone] to run in to grab a few items, an all out melt down ensued. "I want to go in!" "Pleeeasseee Mom, can I just go in with you?" "MOM - TAKE ME!!!" etc, etc. Needless to say, I happily slammed the door to the car and made my way in to the store all by myself.

While in the check out line waiting for the slower than ever check out girl to finish with the person in front of me, I remembered that I had actually told the kids they could come in the store with me. Oops. Last minute the Mr. decided to just drop me at the front door and me, being the Mom who will take any opportunity for a few minutes to myself [even if those few minutes are spent at Wal Mart] did not ask any questions and went with it. I made a promise and I did not follow through.

So what did I do? I bought them chocolate bars to make up for it.

Needless to say, when I got back to the car and flashed those chocolate bars at them, my transgressions were quickly forgotten. Not to mention, the car ride home was incredibly quiet as they all focused on the chocolatey goodness in their hands.

All was well. Until we pulled into the garage and I turned around in my seat to find this.

It turns out all the crying and protesting she did must have really tuckered Miss Liv out, as she had fallen asleep midway through eating her treat and made quite the mess.

Kids, aren't they something?

No comments: