Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MY ART LOVER

My Ava loves art. Anything that has to do with paper, painting, color crayons, markers, cutting, creating of any kind, she loves. At such a young age I think it is amzing and wonderful to see her have such a passion for something.

Because of her love for art, I decided to sign her up for an art class. An explorers art camp that is all about Mexico, with all the art projects having a Mexican theme. And, as expected, she is loving it. She came out of class today looking very proud, carrying this little masterpiece in her hands.






She explained that it was a Catrina doll, and that these dolls were a part of the Day of the Dead festival in Mexico. She went on to explain that she made it from scratch and painted it all by herself too. She was very excited when telling me that the doll was really cool as her ever so fancy hat that she made for the doll could come off!





I love it. How creative! Well done my Ava Marie....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such adorable art, such talent! The sculpture is outstanding, done by a very outstanding little girl!