Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mom and Ava's great debate: Minivan or Porsche?



I absolutely cherish the times that Ava and I get to spend alone together. I guess I feel like since she was the first born she did not ever have much alone time with Daddy and I as we had Lucas a short 16 months after she was born. I especially love the conversations that we have while driving in the car. I am guessing she gets time to think a lot in the car and as a result tends to come up with some pretty interesting thinks to discuss. Today was no exception.
We were driving to Grandma and Papa's house to pick up her brothers - she was pretty excited as I let her sit in the front seat with me. This is something I let her do when it is just her and I hanging out and she simply loves it as it is something only she gets to do. She was sitting quietly enjoying her time in the front seat when the conversation started.
Ava: "Daddy really likes Porsche's"
Mom: "yes, he does. How do you know that?"
Ava: "Because he always talks about wanting to buy one."
I giggled a bit, thinking how funny it was that she had listened to the hundreds (literally hundreds) of conversations Brian and I have had about him wanting a Porsche soooo bad that it hurts. (his words).
Ava: "How much are Porsche's...$100?"
Mom: "No, they are a lot more than that."
Ava: "Our car is really dirty mom, I think we need to buy a new one. I want one of those cars that has the sliding door on it, like the one we drove in Florida."
I had to think about this one for a while, trying to figure out what car she was talking about. Then it came to me.... The dreaded Mini Van. I cannot believe she picked a mini van, out of all the cars she could have picked, she picked the one that Daddy and I loathe the most. So much so that we swore to never, ever, ever purchase one no matter how many children we ended up having. We would buy a bus before we would buy a Mini Van. No jokes.
Mom: "A mini van? No, we will never buy a mini-van."
Ava: "Why? Do they cost too much? How many 'dollars' do they cost? $1?"
Mom: "Because Mommy and Daddy don't really like Mini vans, and no, they do not cost $1, they cost a lot more than that."
Ava: (big sigh) "Alright, then I want a Porsche."
Like father like daughter.

No comments: