Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Ava Marie

Wow... I can't believe that you are turning six today. It seems like just yesterday that I was in the hospital having you. Boy was that a day to remember! I was in labor with you for over 30 hours, and pushed for 3 hours until you finally made your debut into this wonderful world. Daddy and I were just thrilled to finally have a baby girl to call our own. You were just beautiful.





Soon after we got you home we realized that you sure liked to cry a lot! You cried so much I asked Dr. Morrisey what was wrong. It turned out that you were a colicky baby, and just constantly had a bad tummy ache. Ouch! Needless to say, Mommy did not get much sleep the first three months of your life, but that was alright. We loved you so very much it really did not matter. Once you turned 3 months old you were an angel - No more tummy aches!


It has been such a joy to watch you grow over the last six years my Ava Marie. You are such a good little girl who is so very loved by your mommy and daddy for so many reasons.


The things I love about you are endless....


I love that you are so strong willed. You know what you want and you know how to get it - even though right now the things you want are simple- like a toy your brother has, or your favorite show What I like about you on instead of the Star Wars the boys like to watch. I know one day your wants will be much bigger and more important, and I am so happy to know that you already have the ability to get attain them. Because my Ava Marie, you deserve everything you want and more in this world.


I love that you take such great care of your brothers and sister. You love to help me feed Olivia, and hold her when I need to get things done around the house. You will sit happily on the floor with Livi for hours playing and showing her how to play with her toys. You teach your brothers how to do things that they have yet to learn how to do, AND you are patient with them all the while.


I love that you are so loving and that you care for others so much. I remember how much your best friend Ben at school just loved you. His Mommy told me one day that he said that he liked you so much because you were never ever mean to him like some of the other kids in class were. I was so very proud to hear this.


I just love that you are growing up and wanting to help me with things around the house. Lord knows I can use all the help I can get! You help put your own laundry away now, and you pick up the playroom at the end of the day when I tell you it needs picking up. You even went as far as to ask to help scrub the toilet the other day. This job we will leave to mom only as it is yucky!! These are just a few examples of what a helpful little girl you are - I am simply amazed at all the things you are able to do now that you are 6!!


Lastly, I love spending time together just you and I. Tuesdays afternoons is our special time to have some one on one time without your brothers or sister there to take my attention away. We go for drives and I let you sit in the front seat with me which is SO exciting for you. I love all the fun conversations we have on those drives. Sometimes we go shopping which I think is our favorite thing to do together. You take after me in the shopping catergory - you want everything you set your eyes on and can't seem to choose just one thing. Sometimes we simply stay home, snuggle up on the couch and watch T.V. together. Whatever it is we end up doing, I love every single moment.



But most of all, and most importantly, I simply love that you are you, my first born, my Ava Marie. Happy, Happy Birthday!


Mommy loves....

No comments: