Monday, April 6, 2009

7 YEARS AGO TODAY

Mr. Shelton and I got ourselves hitched.


I remember the day as if it were yesterday. April 6th, 2002 - when we chose the day we thought it would be perfect, nice spring weather, not too hot, not too cold. Boy were we wrong, it was very chilly and there was still snow on the ground! This did not matter though... I was more occupied with the anticipation of finally marrying the man of my dreams.

I was filled with so many different emotions that day, a sense of sadness for leaving behind my last name which was a big part of who I was, nervousness at that the thought of having to walk down the isle in front of 300 plus people hoping not to trip (I tend to be a very clumsy person), and happiness that can't even be explained at the thought of being able to call myself Mrs. Maria Shelton.

I did make it down that isle, both smiling and crying all the while (like I said, so many different emotions were swirling around in that head of mine.) I may have smudged my make up a bit, but at least there was no tripping involved. I stood in front of all my family, closest friends, and God and pleadged my love to Mr. Shelton for the rest of my life. For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, we were in this together. This was one of the greatest moments of my life (the others being the births of our four beautiful children.)

I was finally married to the man of my dreams. The man who was going to take care of me, the man I was going to take care of, the man I was going to have babies with, the man that I was going to spend the rest of my life with loving, and the man I was going to grow old and wrinkly with.

There was no better feeling in this whole entire world.

Honey - I cannot imagine my life without you and our four beautiful children.


It has been a busy seven years we have had - we purchased our very first home, and created four beautiful babies. Pretty amazing if I do say so myself.
You are my best friend, you are the love of my life. I cannot wait to see what the next 7 years will hold for us.
I love you Mr. Shelton.

No comments: