Friday, April 10, 2009

LATEST AND GREATEST

The kids love to watch T.V., and lately it seems like they enjoy the commercials more than the cartoons. Pretty much every commercial that comes on advertising some great toy that us parents HAVE to buy, the kids yell "I want that Mom, I want that!!" Believe it or not, there are times I happen to not be in the room with them when they see one of these commercials that graces the television pretty much every other minute. When this happens, the kids tend to get very upset and plead with me to rewind (they are spoiled with this TIVO thing) so that I am able to see it and purchase it for them. This whole process never seems to get old with them, even though I have never purchased one single item that they have pleaded for. (Mean Mom, right?)

So beyond these annoying toy commercials are the ever popular food ones that the kids are now yelling "I want those Mom!!" to. You know the stuff I am talking about - sugary crap cereal, fruit rolls ups, fruit snacks that ooze some nasty juices when bitten into.... and the ever popular crush cups. I almost always say "No" to all of this garbage as well, but these were actually a healthy snack, so I decided to purchase some the last time I was at the grocery store. Don't know what these dandy's are? Here is a look.

The idea behind these things is that you squeeze the container of yogurt while putting your mouth up to it and slurping it on in, and down the hatch. Not the best idea in my opinion as it is very messy. But as you can probably figure out, the kids love 'em. Ava and Lucas do pretty well with them, but Anthony... not so much. I gave them each a crush cup earlier this morning, went to put away some laundry and when I returned, this is what I found.
He was sitting on my couch properly eating the yogurt by squeezing, slurping in and swallowing.



Clearly he got tired of this method and decided to start dipping a finger in a licking the yogurt off.


Then it turned into him squeezing his whole hand into the small container of yogurt and shoving his entire hand in his mouth.



It was beginning to get a bit messy, as you can see.

Anthony clearly did not mind, as he was having a gay old time. I guess it probably did not help that I was sitting right next to him taking pictures of the whole mess unfolding, but I just could not resist.



After he announced he was "Aw Done", I told him to hold on so Mom could get a rag to clean him up. As I made my way back from the sink, rag in hand, this is what I found.



He decided he did not want to wait for the rag, and wiped his cherry yogurt covered hands on my throw pillow. NICE....

So there you have it, our lovely experience with purchasing one of the many items they kids see on the T.V. - Crush Cups. I would have to say they are great for older kids, but for three year olds -- not so much.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm looks like he sucks good love to feel his mouth wrapped around my hard man meat boys do it the best,had my cousin doing it when I was 14 he was 4