Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MR. INDEPENDENT

Anthony decided he wanted to dress himself this morning with absolutely no help from yours truly. Who was I to object? Whenever one of the kids exhibits a bit of independence I am thrilled, for obvious reasons.

So I handed him his clothes, and he made his way into the playroom where he had decided to get his clothes on.

Anthony: "Momma, you don't come with me, you stay there."

Mom: "Alright, don't worry honey, I will stay right here."

I waited patiently for him to make his grand entrance. Nothing. So I waited, and waited, and waited some more.

It was unusually quiet in the playroom, so I decided to go take a quick peek - this is what I found.

I decided to just go with it. Afterall, what harm would it do for him to spend the day with his clothes on backwards?

None whatsoever.

He was very proud of his accomplishment, and so was I. Mr. Independent indeed.

No comments: