Thursday, April 9, 2009

SPRINGTIME FUN

It was beautiful out today - a nice, warm, sunny 55 degree day, which is very nice for April in the Midwest. So I decided to take the kids to the park after school to play and burn off some much needed energy.


















Ava, Lucas and Anthony were having such a great time swinging, jumping off the rock, and going down slides, I forgot about Liv. I turned around to find her sitting quietly in her stroller taking it all in. I thought it would be nice to take her out and let her sit and feel the sand, you know, check the whole playground thing out. Turns out that was not a good idea.... She hated it, or else was just scared to death of the feeling of the sand as a few seconds after putting her down she began screaming, crying and attempting to crawl to me.







[I will have to keep working on her this spring with this whole aversion to sand thing, as it is sort of important that she likes it. We tend to spend a lot of time on the river in the summers boating and stopping at beaches.]

So much to the kids dismay, I broke up the playground fun in order to get home and get them all fed, wound down, and into their jammies for bed time.
When we got home I told everyone to march themselves into the bathroom to wash up before dinner. I fixed them all plates full of chicken, carrots and potatoes (courtesy of my favorite thing ever - the Crockpot) and got everyone seated. I was at the sink cleaning some things up, and when I turned around, this is what I found. (look very closely at what is sitting next to Lucas's plate on the right hand side next to his cup of chocolate milk...)



Yep, you are not mistaken. That is one of my (ahem) tampons.

Mom: "Lucas, what are you doing with that?"


He decided to crawl underneath the table to hide (see half of his head and arm under there?)

Lucas: "I found it in the bathroom. I opened it and thought it was cool and wanted to play with it."


Interesting.....


So we had a nice afternoon at the playground, followed by some fun playing with tampons at home.


Never a dull moment.

No comments: