Wednesday, September 9, 2009

TODAYS TABLE TALK

As I mentioned in a post a week or so ago, we have begun to have dinner at home at the table each night - with or without Mr. Shelton.

To keep the kids interest, and to spark some conversation as to how their days went at school I started asking them two questions each night. What was the best part of your day today? and What was the worst part of your day today?

Ava: "The best part of today was meeting all of my new friends. Actually this is not just the best part of today, but it is the best part of the week.

"The worst part of the day.... I didn't have one."

Lucas: "The best part of today was meeting my first friend ever at Kindergarten."

Mom: "Oh really! What is his name?"

Lucas: Long pause...."I don't really remember."

"The worst part of my day was falling at recess. It hurt bad and I only cried a little bit."

Anthony: "The best part of my day was the Sta Waws (Star Wars) guys at kool (school.) They had lots of them."

"The worst part of my day was when you left me at kool. I was so tired and my eye hurt, I just wanted to sleep Momma."

I love our table talk.

1 comment:

Dinesh chandra said...

Good to meet new friend after a log vacation , I also loved it in my school days.

I relive my school days after reading the blog.

regards
dinesh chandra