Tuesday, September 1, 2009

GRADUATION DAY

**apologies in advance for the low quality pictures. One of these days both the Mr, and I are going to have to figure out how to properly use this nice camera of ours.**


It was a big day for my Lucas Alexander. Today was graduation day for his Karate class, which meant that he would be graduating from the beginner white belt to the next level, the gold belt.

At USA Karate they make each and every graduation to the next belt so very special for the kids, which I think is so neat. Lucas was just thrilled when he walked in the door today and saw all the Mom's, Dad's, Grandma's, Grandpa's, friends, and other people who came to watch their loved ones graduate. It was a true audience for the kids, and I belive this made it that much more special for each and every one of them.

Once everyone got settled in, they began having each child, by themselves, show all the different techniques, punches, and kicks they had learned to get to this point.


I was surprised at how respectfully all the kids sat, watched and waited as each of their Karate buddies took turns showing what they could do.

They then had them all do some different punches and kicks as a group, to show the 9th degree black belt's that were present what they had learned.

They each even got to bring Mom or Dad out on the mats to practice a few kicks and punches, which Lucas thought was really cool. And actually, I did as well, as he chose me to practice with, not Daddy which surprised me.






After proving to everyone present that they were indeed worthy of receiving their next belt, the Karate teachers began presenting each child with their respective belts,

and a very special certificate that stated their achievements.



Before we left, I made sure to get a picture of him with his Karate teacher, Mr. Ranch.


At the end of the ceremony, Lucas walked up to me trying to contain his excitement, but I knew he was just beaming inside. You could tell how very proud he was of his achievements, which made me so happy, and so very proud myself.



My Lucas Alexander - he has mastered the white belt, and is now onto bigger and better things with the gold belt. Before I know it he will be a green belt, then a blue, a red, and on and on until he reaches the black belt. And after seeing his transition today from the white to the gold belt, I can say that I am so looking forward to each and every one of those graduations.

No comments: