Monday, October 5, 2009

A BREAK IS IN ORDER

So here I am, not doing what I promised myself I would do, and write something on this blog every day. I know every day is a lot to ask of myself, but I really wanted to stick with writing frequently so I did not let it slip away from me. You know how it goes, you forget, or are too busy for a day, then another, then it turns into a week, a month...

But as I have mentioned in previous posts, we have been riddled with illness in the Shelton House over the past few weeks.

On Friday, I finally gave in to my bodies signs telling my to get my butt into the Dr.'s office, and got my butt into the Dr's office. I brought Ava as well, as she seemed to not be recovering from her cold either. Turns out Ava had a cold that turned into a bacterial infection, and she also had an ear infection in one ear. Poor thing. Turns out I had a bad case of Bronchitis, so bad that if I had let it go another day or two it would have turned into Walking Pneumonia. Never had Bronchitis in my life, or pneumonia for that matter, but this diagnosis seemed to fit right in with how things were going for me over the past few weeks.

Miss Ava is back at school today after being out all last week, which makes me so very happy. I am slowly getting better after being on my antibiotics for the past 3 days, but am still not feeling 100%. I am trying to be patient, really I am, but after, me, Olivia, Ava, and Lucas all being sick over the past 2 weeks, that patience is wearing thin, very thin.

On top of my patience wearing thin, I am also feeling plain old not up for much of anything, which is due to the fact I am feeling a bit gloomy because of all this darn illness running around. I don't want to cook, clean, do laundry, get up in the morning, nothing. I am not really feeling much like blogging. So I think I am going to take a little break, maybe a week or so off from my blog. Hopefully by then I will have a house full of healthy people, and my spirits will be such that I will happier things to blog about.

To my few loyal readers - See you soon!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hope everyone is feeling much better soon! Crossing my fingers for some nice fall weather here to brighten all our spirits. Catcha after your break. Take care!!
Kari

Anonymous said...

I am a loyal reader, just haven't found a "handle" yet, so using anonymous, but of course you know who I am. Feeling poorly myself, think I have a temperature, so I can really empathize with you. It is so hard when you and your kids are sick at the same time. Remember that so well. This too will pass, one bright note is to watch the football game tonight, that could be fun. If Anthony can give up cartoons long enough to let you guys watch it...love to the family, and a speedy recovery.

KB said...

Enjoy your break, get some rest... the world will wait! :-)