Friday, October 23, 2009

RANDOM THOUGHTS

Liv had her first taste of the time out chair yesterday, and she really did not seem to mind it all too much.

Hopefully the more she lands herself in that chair, the quicker it will come to her that it is indeed a form of punishment and is not meant to be fun.

Speaking of Olivia, I finally got around to getting out and purchasing her a winter coat.

I think she wears it well. No?

Both Ava and Lucas have really been into practicing their writing skills. Here is Ava's latest:

Seems she is into writing full on sentences about what she enjoys doing with her free time. Not quite sure why she scribbled over some of her writing.

Lucas seems more interested in writing his feelings down on paper. Some sweet nothings for his family. He decided for some reason to be very formal with my note, and call me by Maria. He stopped after writing a note to Daddy, claiming that he was just too tired to write any more. I am sure Ava and Anthony do not mind.




Very nice notes -- You think he may want something?


Oh, and this is where you will find Anthony pretty much every waking moment we are not out of the house doing something.


That's right, smack dab in front of the T.V. with either Wii remote or Playstation remote in hand, jamming out to video games. And the Mother of the year award goes to [drumroll]..... NOT me. Anthony is way over the top, crazy-obsessed with his video games. It seems if I were to permit, he would play them from sun up to sun down. No jokes here. I have to get a handle on this, pronto - otherwise I fear he may turn into a video game playing zombie.


We decided to paint pumpkins yesterday, and I think they turned out quite nice.

Lucas went with an all yellow theme. I had told Ava I would start on hers while she got ready for dance class. Turns out she liked my paint job, especially the hair, and decided she wanted me to just do it for her. Which was just fine, as I was really enjoying myself. Oh, and notice how there are only 2 pumpkins? Anthony decided he was in no mood to paint his pumpkin and would rather plant his rump right on the couch to play his video game. And I let him as I just did not want to fight with him over painting a pumpkin. Again, the whole mother of the year award thing does not apply here.

And finally, I could use a night out on the town.

And that is all I have. Just a few random thoughts, things to share.


No comments: