Monday, October 12, 2009

WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO DO...

The weather this weekend in the lovely midwest was, let's just say, less than desirable. It was freezing cold out, windy and snowing. Yes, snowing. It is only October 12th and we have already gotten a few inches of snow, which is so very depressing as if you live in the Midwest, or know of anyone from the area, you are aware of how long our winters can be.

This weather would have been managable if we were able to get out of the house, and do something, but that sadly that was not the case. Anthony is still getting over his cold, so I did not want to venture out anywhere with him. Plus, Dad was busy working all weekend, and trying to plan and carry out an outing by myself with the 4 kids can be trying to say the least. Because of all this, I was left stuck at home in the house with 4 kids for 2 straight days. Seeing that we have all pretty much been sick for the past 2 weeks, we have utilized all of our indoor fun things to keep everyone occupied. The kids are tired of all the board games, movies, video games, and toys we have in the house. They are tired of coloring, making crafts, and creating fun snacks out of whatever we can find in the fridge. Everything is boring to them, and frankly, I don't blame them.

Sunday afternoon rolled around and I found the kids moping about the house, slouched shoulders, looking grumpy and bored. I was racking my brain for some good ideas, something, anything to keep them occupied and happy. Anthony was easy, he had no problems gluing his face to his Playstation 2 Star Wars game for hours on end, so no worries there. Liv naps a lot and is content playing with her toys. It is Ava and Lucas that seem to always have to be entertained, and get bored so very easily these days. I thought, and thought and thought- nothing was coming to mind. While engrossed in all my thinking I did not even realize that Ava and Lucas were no longer in the same room as me, whining about how bored they were. This was strange. Not only because they had left the room without me giving them something to do, but that it was so very eerily quiet in the house.

What could they be doing?

I called out for them and got nothing. I checked the bathroom, playroom, even stuck my head outside to see if they had ventured out into the freezing cold. Still, nothing. I made my way upstairs to their bedrooms, and there they were.

Turns out they decided to do a little art project, a collage of sorts on their closet doors. What sort of Collage you ask? Well, a collage of various different pictures of women they had cut out of my Victoria's Secret magazine earlier today. I found women taped to both of their closet doors sitting in provocative positions wearing only skimpy panties and bras. I found some standing wearing nighties or other types of lingerie. Ava managed to cut out a few pictures of women who were actually clothed,

but Lucas, no. All of the ladies he chose for his collage were wearing next to nothing. Except for the girl in her sweatsuit.



They were very proud of their little art projects, and I do have to say I got a good laugh out of it.


2 comments:

Pajama Mama said...

OH MY! That is so funny!! At least they kept themselves occupied by finding something to do.... :)

Hope everyone is feeling better real soon.

Anonymous said...

My sweet little Lucas....he is going to grow up to be a favorite among the ladies....I can picture him as a teen-ager....handsome, and charming.