Wednesday, August 26, 2009

ANOTHER FIRST COME AND GONE

Tonight was a big night for my Ava. Tonight she went to her very first slumber party at her friend Lauren's house.

It was such fun to see her excitement and anticipation for this big night all day - actually week, long.

When I finally dropped her off today at 4 o'clock, all of her pent up excitement and anticipation came flowing out, along with Meghan's and Lauren's. The three girls ran around in the front yard, screaming, being silly and laughing with delight at the fact that they were all having their very first sleepover with girlfriends. It was really so very sweet to see.




Over the past seven years I have been witness to many of my Ava's "firsts". From saying her first word, crawling, walking, going off to preschool, making the big transition into Kindergarten, having her very first play date, riding her bike without training wheels.... so very many "firsts." And now tonight, another first. I brought her to her friends house for her very first sleep over.

I am so very happy to have been able to witness all of these wonderful milestones in her life, and especially the ones that are being met now as she is getting older. The sleepover is the first of many wonderful experiences she will have as a child. I am so looking forward to all of the others, ones that I recall quite vividily from my own childhood as some of the best times of my life.







No comments: