Saturday, August 8, 2009

FUN FOR ALL

Today is a very rainy day, we are all stuck in the house, bored, the kids are bouncing off the walls, driving me crazy. I had to think of something for us to do, and since it rained pretty much all day yesterday as well, I was beginning to run out of rainy day fun ideas.

But have no fear, as Ava came up with a grand idea. I could paint her and Livi's toenails. I agreed to paint hers, but thought better of attempting to paint Liv's as cute as it may look, it would be next to impossible to get her to sit still to paint them and to let them dry.

So we began painting Ava's, all the while discussing what we wanted to do with them, flowers? Polka Dots? So many choices... As we were in the throws of decision making the boys wandered over and decided they wanted their nails painted as well. I thought heck, why not?
After finishing Ava's nails, (We decided on the Polka Dots, nice, right?)


I started on theirs. Of course, with a clear nail polish so as not to upset Dad too much when he woke up. I know he would not be too happy seeing his two boys running around with bright pink and white polka dotted toenails, and I guess I would not blame him.

As I look at this picture I realize that my children were not blessed with pretty feet. Which is really no big deal as there a much bigger things to worry about than having pretty feet, but I had to mention it as I have never really took the time to examine their feet until now. Until looking at a picture of all of them here together. In any case, here they all are, with freshly painted toe nails...

This fun little toe makeover took about a half hour from start to finish which was not as long as I had hoped for. Now what? Paint their fingernails? Do eachother's hair? Or maybe give them all a bath? After looking at the close up pictures of my children's feet, it is clear that they are in desperate need of one.

All I know is it is now 9am, and it is still raining. It could be a long day.


No comments: