Thursday, August 6, 2009

SOMETHING SMELLS....


I will start by saying this is really not a topic I ever thought would come up on this blog of mine. As like I have said in the past, this is a place for me to document memories, and other important tidbits that the kids will one day grow up and appreciate reading. But I felt the need to write about this, thinking it could be cathartic, and end in me getting said topic out of this head of mine. So with that said, here goes.

I was driving home from dropping the kids at Grandma and Grandpa's on Tuesday for their weekly fun day when I came upon the KDWB morning show. I had not listened to this show in what seemed to be years, so I thought I would keep it on for awhile, and see what was new, and if they had anything entertaining to speak of.

After listening for a few moments, I came to the realization that there was something quite entertaining to listen to on the drive. Entertaining, and disturbuing, and gross.

What, you ask, were they talking about?

Well, on occasion they open the phone lines and let people call in with questions/concerns/thoughts about the show, or about themselves. Things they may need advice one, or help with, etc.

Some guy happened to call in Tuesday morning with quite the question. He was wondering what to do about a problem he had with his girlfriend. A problem with being intimate, having to do with a certain type of smell "down there". Of course, my mind goes right to the va-j-j. Thinking he thinks she smells after a long day at work "down there," and does not know what to do about it, if he should tell her or not. This is old news as I have heard all kinds of stories such as these about girls not smelling so fresh down there, and needing to "clean up" before getting busy so to speak. So I was about to change the channel until I heard something. I heard this guy say that she smelt like sewage. What? Sewage? Like poop smell? I was really grossed out, but intrigued so I kept listening.

And I was right, he was saying that she smelt like poop. That the smell was not coming from the area that I thought he was speaking of, it was actually coming from her butt. Gross. Poop? Really? How hard is it to wipe yourself after you go number 2? One should never, ever, ever, smell like poop after going poop.

So they proceeded to have random people call in to give this poor soul some advice on how to handle his girlfriends terrible misfortune of having an apparently very smelly butt. I figured he would not get much in the advice category seeing that I could not see many others having the problem of their girlfriends smelling like poop. But I was wrong.

There were a plethera of people calling in saying things such as:

"Oh I had the same problem with my girlfriend, and I sat down and just told her. She was O.K. with it. Really. She said that she would just start taking showers before getting intimate."

"My boyfriend had this same problem and I told him that he needed to start using wipes after going # 2 so that he would not smell. He did start to use the wipes and things got much better in the smell department."

"I told my girlfriend that she did not smell very good and that she needed to wipe better. It did not go so well, she got very mad and did not talk to me for a few days. She ended up calling me a few days later and said she understood and that she would start taking better care of herself."

Really?

First of all, I am so very surprised that there were so many people that were afflicted with this problem. And second of all, I am suprised at how well all of the people took being told that they smelt like poop and their partners could barely stand being intimate with them because of it. I don' think I would be so understanding.

I don't know,maybe I have just been out of the loop for so long - being married for 7 years and having 4 kids, that I don't know what today's big "issues" are in the dating scene. I will say that if these are the sorts of things plaguing today's single crowd, I am more than happy to be where I am. At home, happily married to the Mr. and taking care of our 4 kids.


No comments: