Monday, August 10, 2009

SWIMSUITS - EDITED WITH AN UPDATE

For the past 6 years I have not really thought much about bathing suits. Why? Well, because I have pretty much been pregnant or recovering from a pregnancy for the past 6 summers. Because of most summers I have been wearing maternity swimsuits, or not wearing them at all and doning capris and tank tops while on the boat so as not to scare anyone with my fresh post baby body.

Well it has now been 14 months since I had my last baby, and for the past 2 months I have been toying with the idea to go in search of a bathing suit. I have just been toying with the idea as every woman knows shopping for bathing suits can be quite the ordeal. Same as the whole dress shopping thing goes - You find bathing suit after bathing suite that looks great on the rack, but terrible on. Or you waste a whole day at the mall in persuit of anything that would look half way decent on and end up leaving empty handed, day wasted. These are all things I have been through in the past, and I really dreaded going through it again.

But we have our annual boat trip with friends coming up this Thursday, so for the past few weeks I have been looking. Online. I know, it is not the greatest idea to look for swimsuits online as you tend to do a ton of ordering, returning, exchanging, which usually lands you with a huge shipping bill. BUT, Victoria's Secret seems to be the only place I can find swimsuits that work for me.

What do I mean by work for me?

Well, I have found that after having 4 kids, my "girls" are just not as perky and full as they used to be. It really is a sad state of affairs, that at age 32 my breasts look like a 75 year old womans do. So very sad... But no sense in crying over something that cannot be fixed, right? I simply need to find a swimsuit that will give me some good lift and some good support so as to make my "girls" appear to look somewhat reminiscent of what a gal in her early 30's should look like. And I know from looking around over the past few months that it is nearly impossible to find a swimsuit in any store that has an underwire for great lift and straps that do not go around the neck. Everything out there is either the itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini that just does not work for me, or the one piece grandma looking thing. So this is why Victoria's Secret works for me - they have just what I need in the support and giving good lift department's. It is called their Miracle Bra swimwear line, and let's just say it is nothing short of a miracle. Here is one that I purchased - granted I so do not look like this model with all her voluptuousness (I'm thinking that is not a word) and things, but it makes me look decent, and that is what counts.


After finding such joy in this swim suit, I decided to go back online and look for another one. I figured, why not? I was so happy with my first purchase, maybe I would be able to find that joy again. Maybe.

I persued their online selection of Miracle Bra wear once again and found this:

Oh, how I love thee.

My intenal dialogue on this one: I have found the cutest swimsuit ever. I love it. I love that it is white, but gosh, white? I am sure I would have it stained within minutes. Why would I want to buy a white swimsuit? But it would look so nice with a good tan. Should I? Maybe not. I don't have near the body that this girl who is wearing it does. She is in such great shape, has nice boobs, and nice legs. All of which I do not posess. But maybe I would be pleasently surprised, maybe it would look good on me. It is half price, I should give it a go. I can always return it.... Alright, I am going to go for it. C'mon Maria, click the darn purchase button. No, I should delete it from my cart, and get a more standard suit, that I know will look decent. Yes, I will do that..... No, I am going to get it, I am.

And I did, I bought it.

I am still awaiting it's arrival from my lovely UPS man, which is expected to take place on Wednesday. When I do get it, I am hoping that I will try it on and love it as much as I loved the first one I purchased. One can hope, right?

So I just received my swimsuits in the mail. I was pleased with the look and fit of the leopard print one I orginally purchased but needed a new size in. But the white one that I just thought was out of this world cute, different and all around fabulous? Not so much. I tried on the top only to find it was so not the right size - actually, way too small. My "girls" looked ridiculous being smooshed, and having my stretch marked flabbiness spilling out over the top of the suit was just plain horrible looking. I did not even bother trying on the bottoms - so very dissapointing this delivery was. I would have returned this suit as well, and tried a different size, but seeing that we are leaving on our boat trip tomorrow, that would be pointless as I would not have it in my possesion in time to actually wear it. But what did I expect ordering swimsuits online, right?

Oh well, I guess I can consider it a success seeing that I was able to find one swimsuit out of the 4 I purchased.

No comments: