Monday, August 3, 2009

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY

I have been busy as all heck lately. So busy and crazed have I been, that I ran out the door this morning, looking like this to drop my Ava off at her summer success program.


Yes, that is me, (picture taken by my Lucas) in my pajamas, glasses on, no make-up... I did not even bother to make an attempt to fix my hair or even throw a hat on so as not to scare any of the other Mom's or kids when dropping her off. Now I have said in posts before, that I really don't see a point in getting all dressed up, hair done, make up on and looking all pretty every day of the week. But I should at least have the decency to make myself look somewhat presentable in public, right? Seems in my crazed state my general appearance has fallen to the wayside among many other things. What to do?


So I have been spending the summer running here there and everywhere, and finding next to no time to do anything, much less sit down and post anything on this blog of mine. The one I promised to write in at least 3 times a week so that I would not find myself going months without writing in it.


My point in writing this little post today? To document the fact that I promise to get back to writing at least 3 times a week soon. Very soon. Meaning, most likely when the kids are in school and things seem to slow down a bit. Oh, and to document the fact that I promise to keep up with my general appearance from now on. You know, take care of the basics : showering, doing the hair, and making sure to wear a pair of pants that you are not able to see my underwear through. (Look closely at the picture above, and you will see that it is true, I went out in public in a pair of see through capri pajama bottoms.)

Yes, I promise to do all of this to show my own self-worth, but most of all so as to not embarrass my daughter when I drop her off at school.

No comments: