Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MY LITTLE DANCER

Miss Ava had a big day yesterday. Yesterday was her dance recital rehersal, which was very exciting for her.


Once she arrived home from school, we did not waste a moment beginning to ready her for the big night. We took out our trusty curling iron and began working. Not two minutes in:

Ava: "are we done yet Mom."

Mom: "Not yet honey, it will be a while."

Ava: " are we done now?"

Mom: "No hon, it will take a while."

[insert long sigh from both parties]

After about 35 minutes of curling, hairspraying, and curling, we were finished. Whew. Now came the bow placement. Holy heck that was a difficult bow. Every time I bobby pinned it in place, it seemed to move and face at an akward angle. I must have replaced that darn bow 15 time - you know, it had to be just perfect. We finally got the bow in place, got the tights on without any runs (a miracle in itself), then got the last, and final piece of the ensemble on her, the costume.

After all the rushing, curling, dressing, and primping, she was finally ready for her big dance rehersal.

I stood back and took a look at my little girl, she looked so sweet. Of course, I teared up for a moment, then pulled myself together to get some pictures of my little dancer.







All of that and it turns out this was only the first rehersal. We have one more at the end of the month, then a recital on Friday the 12 and another recital on Saturday the 13th. Whew. I guess we have our work cut out for us over the next 6 weeks.
Work that is all well worth it. She seems to really enjoy dancing, and cause really, how cute is she?
Very, if I do say so myself.

No comments: