Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SHARING. IT'S A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Today I witnessed something sweet. A very sweet exchange between Anthony and Livi.

What is this sweet exchange I happened to see, you ask?

Anthony was busy eating his colored goldfish and playing Star Wars on the Wii when Livi approached him. She grabbed onto his pant legs, and pulled herself up, and stood there giving him a look and a squeal that said "please give me one, please!"

Now, on most occasions, Anthony would say "No! Mine!" But today was different. Today he took one look at her, reached his hand into his ever so coveted bag of goldfish, and said in a high pitched squeaky sort of voice, "here you go weethot" (Here you go sweetheart).


I kept myself at a distance as I did not want to disturb this kind act while in progress. And honestly, I was dying to know if he would give up any more of the goldfish when his baby sister would more inevitably cry out for more.
And cry out for more she did. Without a second thought, Anthony gave in to her cries, and shared more of his goldfish. What a sight.
In fact, he was in the mood for sharing a bit too much. Olivia had finally had her fill of goldfish and tried to crawl away. But Anthony was right behind her saying "Here you go weethot, here you go weethot." Over and over again while chasing her around the family room in an attempt to stuff more crackers in her mouth.

So he did not quite get the fact that she was done eating goldfish, but he shared them, and that is what matters.
Little moments like this make me realize that in regard to raising the kids, I must be doing something right. :)

1 comment:

KB said...

I love those moments when they do something that makes you proud, without encouragment from yourself! Not only does it show that he can indeed share, but how little terms of endearment are used. :-) Good job!