Wednesday, May 20, 2009

PRICELESS

A stapler to replace the old one the kids broke in the midst of being creative: $6.99

A set of Sharpie markers assorted in color: $10.99

A new notebook to write my grocery lists in: $6.99

A bottle of white out: $1.59

Using said bottle of white out in order to rearrange some activities on my calendar (cause of course I don't use a pencil, silly me), and tipping it just enough to the side to induce spillage all over the wood floor and my feet. Priceless.


Ever wonder how fast white out drys? Ever wonder how truly difficult it is to get said dried white out off of wood floor and skin? Try doing what I did, and you will wonder no longer.

3 comments:

KB said...

OH NO!!! How on earth did you get it off the floors?

Maria said...

It was not easy! I first tried a standard damp dish rag (of course I waited a few seconds in order to get a picture of my mess which I assume made it worse) and started scrubbing away. It managed to spread the white out all over the area making it look worse, so then I dipped one of those green 3M scrubbing pads in water and scrubbed the area with it for about a half an hour until it all came off the floor. or most of it at least. I am going to have to work on it some more this afternoon when I have some time. Ugh.. what a mess! Maybe this will teach me to use a pencil on my calendar rather than a pen, then I won't need to use white out. :)

KB said...

Try Goof-Off. It once got permament marker out of my carpet.