Wednesday, June 3, 2009

PRICELESS

I must give a little background before continuing this priceless post.

Anthony and Lucas have been having some...trouble, shall we say, when it comes to bed time. By trouble, I mean not understanding that when I say it is bedtime, it is just that. Time. For. Bed.

This is how bedtime tends to go down around our house (with the boys, Ava is stunningly fabulous at getting her little buns to bed nary a whine or complaint.): 7:50pm "Time for bed!" Boys, "AWWWWWWW!" All the while stomping their feet across the kitchen, up the stairs and into the bathroom where they whine and complain as they brush their teeth, and get into their respective beds. We say our prayers, read a story, give hugs, and kisses, say our good nights, then I leave the room. Which is when it all starts. "Mooooommmm, Anthony won't be quiet." "I am thirsty." "I have to go to the bathroom." "My tummy hurts." "I am hungry." "I can't sleep." And so on, and so on. This usually goes on for about 30 minutes before they both fall asleep, and I am straight up tired of it.

So.... I have been bringing a bit of bribery into the picture as of late. Cause really, what is wrong with a bit of bribery in desperate situations? "Mom will buy you a Star Wars toy if you go to bed well every night this whole week." Did not work, no dice. "Mom will buy you the new Count Doooku light saber if you boys are good and go to sleep well all week." Again, no dice. "Mom will buy you each your own pack of giant Star Wars coloring pages if you go to sleep well all week." Still, nothing. I was beginning to give up hope. Until, I finally came across something that worked. Finally. See? Persistency pays off.

Now, without further ado:

Star Wars Galactic Heroes as an attempt to bribe the boys to go to bed nicely: $6.99

Star Wars Light Saber as an attempt to bribe the boys to go to bed nicely: :$7.99

Giant Star Wars coloring pages as an attempt to bribe the boys to go to bed nicely: $6.99

Finding a bunch of Star Wars stickers in my "junk drawer", letting the boys choose one sticker each morning (if they went to bed nicely the night before), and having this actually work in getting them to go to bed nary a whine, complaint, or one of their many nightly requests, (7 days and still going strong). Priceless.

No comments: