Monday, June 1, 2009

QUITE THE FIND

I went upstairs this morning to take my shower, leaving the boys on their respective couches watching cartoons.


When I came down the stairs after said shower, something caught my eye. Something bright green and small, and wormish in nature.

This is what I found nary a little boy in sight, slowly inching it's way across my rug in the foyer.

I assumed the boys were outside running around somewhere, already on to another adventure, having forgotten the little pet they had found mere minutes before that was crawling around inside the house.

I yelled out the front door for the boys to come hither, and they both arrived promptly on the front door step looking like this. Still in pajamas, having not listened to me when I told them to put their clothes on, [notice said clothes in bottom right hand corner of picture below] Lucas with his top off, running around the neighborhood. Nice.



I asked them where they had found this little creature that was suddenly inhabiting my rug. They both gave me a quizzical look, kinda like, what-could-you-possibly-be-talking-about-Mom look. I simply pointed down in the direction of the little creature and got an

"Ooooohhhhhh, that! We found it outside."

After this reminder, they got their little selves down on the floor and played with their new pet for awhile. Observing how it crawled, felt, and moved around.


As they were playing with their new friend, we came to the conclusion that we should keep him in one of their little bug homes [located outside] for a while to watch him and play with him, then it would be best to let him go home, back to his Mom and Dad as they would surely be missing him.

Finally, we had a chat about how it is not wise to bring critters, creatures, bugs, animals - anything of this nature - into our home without consulting Mom first. Ever.

They happily agreed, and took their new friend outside, where he is most happy, and more importantly, where he belongs.

POST EDIT:

After finishing this post, I went to see what the boys were up to, and found this.

Apparently they felt the need to prepare for inclement weather (even though it is sunny without a cloud in sight), and dig out their rain gear. **Notice the little bug home on the left hand side behind them with their forgotten friend inside.**

These boys seem raring to go, may be a long one. Day that is.

No comments: